Chambers of Commerce are essential to the economic growth of our communities; through making introductions, facilitating projects, maintaining data on the areas served and their economic climates and keeping abreast of pending development projects. Today, all of that is not enough. Chambers now have to ensure their members understand the return on investment of Chamber membership as it can be easily overlooked during cost-cutting.
Recognizing and equipping achievers for challenging leadership roles in the business community is one of the Chamber’s top objectives. Browse through the variety of committee opportunities listed on this page to discover how you could take an active role in the Chamber and in your community.
Hosted by Chamber Members who have new products to showcase, made improvements, hired new staff members, have seasonal wares or just want a chance to get to know the community better! This event occurs once a month, after hours (5-7) and gives Chamber Members a chance to mingle and relax while enjoying food and beverages.
A group of Chamber Members welcomes new businesses or staff to the community, celebrates business anniversaries, tours expansion projects and new facilities. The group also handles ribbon cuttings and attends grand openings, open houses, etc. The cost is $25 per Ambassador per year to cover the year’s refreshments.
Coffee & Learn
These are once a quarter professional development opportunities for local businesses to help train and grow themselves and their employees. Coffee & Learns can also provide valuable knowledge about changing laws, new industry standards or simply how to help boost sales and performance in your market area.
Autumn Food Festival is our largest community festival, held annually in October. This committee takes on the exciting task of coordinating entertainment, car show, motorcycle show, vendor, crafters and much more.
Shop Local/Retail Promotions (Including Small Business Saturday)
The Shop Local campaign helps to encourage shoppers to spend their dollars throughout the community in an effort to grow local businesses
- Small Business Saturday takes place the first Saturday after Thanksgiving and between sponsorships, community support and participating small businesses helps to kick off the Holiday shopping season in West End.
- Girls Gettin’ Out: This is a retail-focused event that showcases new merchandise and encourages women of all ages to shop local in West End for all their spring needs. Businesses are encouraged to participate by hosting in-store activities, promotions and giveaways. This event is a great way to get community members through businesses doors.
What does Chamber sponsorship and advertising say about you and your company? Good corporate citizen. Great company to do business with. Call me. We’ve got services you can use. You’re one of us. Buy our products. Welcome to The West End.
There are many ways to take advantage of sponsorships available through the Geneva Lake West Chamber of Commerce. And there are even more benefits to be gained from these sponsorships.
- Connect with businesses that want to do business with you
- Demonstrate your corporate citizenship
- Raise awareness of your products and services
- Promote an anniversary or significant milestone
- Announce your arrival to the business community
There truly is a sponsorship for every business – regardless of objectives, type of business, or budget. In fact, we can tailor a program specifically for you that could include any of the following:
- Podium time
- On-site event hosting
- Participation in mass advertising
- In-kind trades
With such a wide variety of Chamber sponsorships, it couldn’t be easier to get exposure within the business community of the West End. Sponsor an event or program, and you will quickly be on your way to establishing solid name recognition for your business.
The Chamber produces publications for a variety of audiences, and we have a channel that fits your advertising needs. Find out more information by contacting Greg Gaskins